How to set up Tania if you don't have an Alexa device.
Because you don't have an Alexa device, you will need to download the Amazon application to your mobile device. Once this has been done, we'll create an Amazon account, and then finally we just need to connect your Amazon account to Xero and the Tania skill.
We've created a quick overview video on this process:
Alternatively, you can follow the step-by-step instructions below:
Setup the Tania Portal
Navigate to www.tania.ai and in the top right of the page click on "Tania Portal".
- Once inside the Tania Portal - click on the option to "Login with Amazon".
- The Amazon login screen will appear. Because we don't have an Alexa device, we will need to create a new account. Click on the "Create a new Amazon account" button. Follow the prompts to set up a new Amazon account, and be sure to use the same email address that you plan to use for Tania.
- Once your Amazon account is all set up, you will be returned to the Tania Portal.
- We will need to connect to Xero, so click on "Add Xero Organisation".
- A Xero login page will appear. Enter your details and click on "Log In".
- Xero will prompt you to select an organisation. Once you have, scroll to the bottom and click on "Allow access".
- Now that you've signed in and connected to Xero, you will be returned to the Tania Portal.
- The Tania Portal will display a drop-down option for you to select your organisation.
Set up your Amazon Alexa application
- From your mobile device, download the Amazon Alexa app and then run through the prompts to log in with the Amazon account you’ve just created.
Once set up, you can say the following phrase: "Alexa, open Tania"
You will see a notification prompt appear to "Link to Tania".
Alternatively, you can click on "More" in the bottom right and then click on "Activity" and you will see the Link Account notification.
- Click here and you'll see a confirmation message that your Tania account will be successfully linked.
Congratulations - you are set up and ready to go! If you have any issues with getting set up, let us know.