Assets, Liabilities and Equity balances.
Your Balance Sheet update runs through your asset, liability, and equity balances for your selected period. It can provide a comparison to a previous period, and where relevant, will also provide balance sheet ratios.
What periods are available for my Balance Sheet update?
You currently have 2 options to choose from, which are:
- Today's balances
- Last month's closing balances
What comparative periods are available for my Balance Sheet update?
If you choose your 'Today's balances', you will be asked if you would like to also hear the movements from the end of last month.
If you choose your 'Last month's closing balances', then your comparative options are:
- prior month
- last year
- No comparative
You can also choose 'No comparative', if you would prefer not to compare your balances against a different period.
What key balances are discussed in my Balance Sheet update?
The key balances discussed in your Balance Sheet update include:
- total assets
- current assets
- fixed assets
- non current assets
- total liabilities
- current liabilities
- non current liabilities
In addition to the above balances, if you have selected your 'Last month's closing balances', you will also hear the following balances:
- accounts receivable
- other current assets
- accounts payable
- other current liabilities
What balance sheet ratios are provided in my Balance Sheet update?
When listening to your update for your 'Today's balances', no ratios are provided. When listening to your update for your 'Last month's closing balances', and if your organisation has relevant data, the following ratios are provided:
- debtor days - average number of days it takes your customers to pay you
- creditor days - average number of days it takes for you to pay your suppliers
- return on assets - reveals how well your assets are generating profit
- current ratio - your ability to repay your short term debt
- debt to equity - reveals the proportion of debt and equity that is being used to finance assets
- return on investment - reveals how well your investment is performing