Re-forecasting your end of month cashflow because your receivables and payables aren't complete in Xero.
What is involved in re-forecasting my End of Month Cashflow?
Tania will give you the option to re-forecast your End of Month Cashflow forecast if you think that your End of Month Cashflow Forecast Comparison is significant. You will have the option to choose between re-forecast your End of Month Cashflow using cashflows from last month, or the same month last year.
Your End of Month Cashflow Forecast update is accessed via the Main menu. When presented with the options.
1. Click 'Cashflow '.
2. When asked "Would you like to know if you have any unreconciled transactions?" click 'Yes'.
3. After receiving unreconciled transactions update, you will be presented with the Cashflow Forecast Menu.
4. Click 'End of Month Cashflow Forecast '.
5. Tania advises "The cash movements in this forecast, will be based on your invoices and bills".
6. When asked if you want to use a different estimate basis, say 'yes'.
7. You will be presented with 3 options, click either 'Last month' or 'The same month last year' and follow the prompts to desired information.
How do I choose whether I re-estimate my End of Month Cashflow Forecast on last month, or the same time last year
- Alexa will say "Before I get started, I can see that you currently don't have any payables, or receivables due in Xero. And this means, I will need to find another way to forecast your end of month cashflow forecast. Do you think this month's cashflows are similar to last month?"
- If you think your cashflows are similar to last month, say "Yes"
- If you do not think your cashflows are similar to last month say "No"
- Alexa will then say "Ok. Do you think your cashflow this month is similar to the same time last year?"
- If you think your cashflows are similar to last year, say "Yes"
- If you do not think your cashflows are similar to last year, say "No" and Tania will base your cashflows on the receivables and payables balance you have in Xero.